Tuesday 23 May 2017

I need another new project like I need another hole in the head...........

I spied this amazing quilt in a sew-a-long group on FB and I was hooked. If I see something that's visually amazing in the way of fabrics or quilt designs I just cannot help it. It's a rush. So I did what any normal crafter would do. I ordered the pattern and got in the car and headed to a quilting shop to grab just a few interesting fabrics to start. I found a range of fabrics called "Eureka". It's different and interested me because of it's blues and greys. I love blues and greys.

 This is week one on the left and week two on the right. I may not have even thought about week three yet. I think the group is up to about week 8. I have a little bit of catching up to do. This is nothing new for me!


This quilt is amazing. All of the shapes and colours just pop and bring so much interest! Obviously this is not my finished quilt. We'll all die laughing if mine is done in any short time frame! I'm a realist. I did say that you'd get real life here. I have a new friend in my new town and she's amazing in the finishing stakes. No procrastinating or mucking around in her sewing space. I think she's hoping to rub off on me. I'd love to think she will. Again..... I'm a realist.

What quilt are you working on right now?



5 comments:

  1. OMG lordy be girl..........you could have just renamed the last one..........like this quilt.......whos pattern????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world if blogging. You've met a great bunch of ladies there. Good luck with your latest quilt. I keep ogling the pattern but haven't jumped in...yet. You need to be careful of that a Chooky. She is known to get the whip out to keep you inline with a project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging Maree. Looks like you have a wonderful quilt in the works x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back - again!! nothing like a new name to freshen you up.
    I love that quilt - I'm pretending I can't see it though - already far too much happening in my sewing space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello there.... you have been found! that quilt is amazing.... I look forward to watching your progress! it seems to be a common thing for us to start new projects even if we don't need to....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete